With 7.5 million people in the UK covered by medical insurance and the NHS continually struggling to meet consumer demand. Many of us are now looking at the different medical options available.
Private medical insurance is designed to provide you with prompt access to high quality medical treatment.
What will private medical insurance cover me for?
- In-patient cover - when a procedure requires a hospital stay of more than 24 hours
- Day case cover - treatment at a hospital or a day-care unit when medical supervision is needed for recovery, but you do not stay overnight
- Out-patient cover - this option typically covers specialists' fees and diagnostics
- Cancer cover - different policies offer both full and limited cover. Policies without full cancer benefit can be restricted by both time and monetary limits
- Therapies and treatments - this option meets the costs of therapies such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic care and acupuncture
- Mental health cover - in-patient psychiatric treatment and other mental health issues
- Routine dental and optical cover - this typically helps cover the cost of routine dental treatment, sight tests and prescription glasses